Richard Kemp spoke at a recent conference organised by The Alternative Accountancy Strategic IT Conference on GDPR, providing an update on where we are with GDPR and its impact on accountancy practices.
The presentation covered:
- GDPR update and the impact on accountancy practices
- latest on GDPR and Brexit
- data protection – top regulatory concerns for firms:
- heavier enforcement – new penalties
- international transfers
- accountability requirements
- new duties (data processors, personal data, consents)
- data/system security – top business concerns for firms:
- due diligence
- data storage
- business continuity
- information provision for clients
- what should firms be doing now?
Download a copy of the presentation here.