Richard Kemp recently contributed a video to Practical Law which outlines the legal issues that businesses involved in the Internet of Things need to be aware of.
- The Internet of Things (IoT) explained
- Why the IoT is so significant
- The Fourth Industrial Revolution
- Key legal issues related to the IoT
- Key privacy and security challenges
- How EU data protection law addresses these challenges
- How the data protection principles apply to the IoT
- Other data protection rules that also apply
- Recommendations of the working party Opinion
- Implications of the General Data Protection Regulation
- Key differences between the US and EU approach to IoT privacy
View the video here.
- Google Spain SL v Agencia Espanola de Proteccion de Datos (AEPD) (C-131/12)  Q.B. 1022
- Schrems v Data Protection Commissioner (C-362/14)  Q.B. 527